Nutrition is about what you eat and drink and how your choices affect your body and lifestyle.
In Diet and Nutrition there are essential building blocks – protein, carbohydrates, fats, water, fibre, vitamins and minerals, all these are important in a healthy diet. It is important to remember that even small changes towards improving your dietary choices can make a big difference in your health.
There are many topics that cover nutrition from:
- Farming practices (GMO’s, organic & chemical use)
- Processing (freezing, canning & preserving)
- Additives used (colours, preservatives & flavours)
- Cooking methods (conventional, microwave, baking & frying,)
- Nutrients within the food (antioxidants, macro & micro-nutrients)
- Dietary choices (vegan, vegetarian, blood group & Paleo)
Modern trends have encouraged us to include superfoods in our diets to give optimal nutrition. These trends are supportive of good nutrition and dietary choices.
Ultimately a nutritious diet is about what food are good for us but we need to understand that not everyone has the same taste and likeness for certain foods and so one diet is not a fit all, diets need to be recommended to suit each individual client.
Good nutrition is fundamental for good health. Healthy food choices incorporated into diet and lifestyle are encouraged at Salubrious Health. Using education, encouragement and support we aim to individualise each diet and treatment plan to suit each person's' wellness goals.
With that said let's explore the variety of foods from many cultures available to us and enjoy the tastes and nutrition they have to offer to encourage optimal health.